International Architectural and Design firm is seeking an Intermediate Designer with experience working in the People’s Republic of China. Candidates for the Intermediate Designer position must demonstrate a professional track record of working in a fast paced and highly collaborative environment with the ability to manage multiple simultaneous deadlines. Candidates must have 5 or more years of previous experience in high-rise mixed-use development in China.
Languages needed: English.
About the company
Viñoly, founded in 1983 and based in New York City — with offices in London, Manchester, Abu Dhabi, Buenos Aires, Chicago, and Palo Alto — is an internationally renowned architectural firm with projects spanning six continents. Over the past thirty-three years, the practice’s key trademark is its ability to reinvent institutional typologies and integrate the public realm into civic buildings.
The uniquely diverse work the firm has completed includes award-winning courthouses, museums, performing arts centers, convention centers, athletic facilities, banks, hotels, hospitals, laboratories, recreational venues, residential complexes, and commercial, industrial, and educational facilities. Projects range in scale from laboratory casework to large urban commercial and institutional master plans. The firm has also completed several projects involving the restoration and expansion of buildings of significant historical and architectural value.
The successful candidate will
- Communicate with client & consult team.
- Handle technical production of drawing sets.
- Manage of junior team members.
Required education and skills
- Bachelor or Graduate degree in architecture.
- 5+ years professional experience.
- Extensive knowledge of 3D modeling, presentation, and design software: Proficient knowledge and experience in Rhino and Revit is a must.
- Experience working on mixed use high rise projects in SD and DD phase.
- Ability to travel internationally.
- Ability to read, write, and speak fluent Mandarin Chinese.
- Ability to read, write, and speak fluent English.
- Previous experience working for an American firm doing business with companies in the People’s Republic of China.
- Strong knowledge of Chinese national and local building codes.
- Ability to take initiative in response to direction or instruction.
How to apply
Candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and portfolio (10 pages maximum) via email to email@example.com with “Intermediate Designer – Your Name – NY” in the subject line. Please send all items as a single attachment in PDF format. Submissions without the requested heading will not be reviewed.
Please mention that you found this position on The Global Grid Jobs.
Post your first job opportunity on The Global Grid and we'll pay for it!
A $90 value. Use promo code GIVEME90