POWER Engineers, Inc. – is currently seeking an Environmental Planner knowledgeable in CEQA and NEPA to work in one of our Southern California offices, located in Los Angeles and Anaheim, CA. In this role you will work closely with all of our environmental disciplines, our engineering teams, and internal and external clients to drive projects to successful completion.
Languages needed: English.
About the company
Since POWER Engineers began in 1976, we have grown into a 100% employee-owned, flexible and progressive consulting services and engineering firm. As innovators, we encourage new ideas and fresh approaches. As trusted advisors, we strive to be our clients’ first choice. These traits, combined with deep technical skill, account for the mutual success of our clients, employees and shareholders.
Required education and skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Science, Environmental Planning, Environmental Engineering, Landscape Architecture or other related field.
- One (1) year of experience with environmental analysis and permitting for large and small utility projects.
- Environmental planning and analysis, regulatory compliance, public involvement, and technical writing.
- Preparation of analysis and documents in compliance with the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) and the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA).
- Knowledge and demonstrated experience in federal and state environmental regulations.
- Interfacing (communicating well) with clients, project staff and department management.
- Interest in business development with clients, writing proposals, conducting presentations and other business development activities.
- Experience in one or more of the following areas will be a plus: electric transmission lines and related infrastructure, transportation projects, fiber optic lines, power generation facilities, industrial facilities and/or gas pipelines.
- Technical skills in the following areas will be a plus: water resources, biology, ecology, cultural resources, air quality, noise and/or California storm water certification.
- Master’s degree in Environmental Science, Environmental Planning, Environmental Engineering, Landscape Architecture or other related field.
- Five (5) years of experience with environmental analysis and permitting for large and small utility projects.
At POWER Engineers, Inc., you can have a rewarding career on every level. In addition to challenging and meaningful work, you’ll have the chance to make a positive impact on the environment while supporting our clients, participate in a range of diverse and unique initiatives, and find the support, coaching, and training it takes to advance your career. We encourage new ideas and fresh approaches and most importantly, we strive to be our clients’ first choice. These traits – and deep technical skill – account for our success.
Our motto is Have fun, Do good work, Make money. As an employee-owned company, we strive to make POWER Engineers an appealing place to work, where we perform projects that we find challenging and in which we excel. POWER Engineers is a unique and fun engineering and environmental consulting firm. POWER is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
How to apply
To apply, please go to this link: https://chc.tbe.taleo.net/chc01/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=POWERENGINEERS&cws=1&rid=2291.
Please mention that you found this position on The Global Grid Jobs.