Entry Level Civil Engineer
We seek an Entry Level Civil Engineer (Chicago, IL) to join our team in our Design Center to support a variety of clients and services. The successful candidate for this position will work in a team environment developing engineering studies, conceptual designs, construction plans and specifications, as well as providing support during construction and other field assignments. This is a career position and individuals interested in developing and advancing their careers in water, wastewater, and stormwater engineering consulting will have opportunities for increasing responsibility and advancement within the firm.
About the company
Greeley and Hansen is a leader in developing innovative engineering solutions for a wide array of water, wastewater, water reuse, and solid waste challenges aimed at improving public health, safety, and welfare. With a staff of more than 300 in 18 offices worldwide, Greeley and Hansen provides services for all phases of projects ranging from master planning and feasibility studies through design, construction, and start-up. The firm also provides architectural and management consulting services.
Projects that Greeley and Hansen has completed for clients continue to receive various industry awards for design and engineering excellence. Engineering News Record ranks Greeley and Hansen among the “Top 20 Designers in Sewer and Waste.”
Since the firm’s founding 100 years ago in 1914, Greeley and Hansen has collaborated with its client partners in public and private utilities and agencies to create better urban environments – worldwide.
The successful candidate will
- Water and wastewater design
- Startup and oversight of innovative and emerging wastewater treatment technologies.
- Combined sewer system planning and design.
- Hydraulic modeling.
- GIS mapping.
- Green infrastructure planning and design.
- Stormwater design and maintenance.
- Preparation of engineering reports.
- Development of opinions of probably construction costs.
- Asset management.
- Construction plans design and specification preparation.
- Providing support during construction and other field assignments.
- Variety of other related assignments.
Required education and skills
- Bachelor of Science degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering.
- A minimum of 0-5 years relevant experience in water, wastewater and stormwater engineering. An EIT designation is preferred. Experience in 3D Modeling is preferred, but not required.
- Strong communication and technical writing skills.
- Studies or experience in the field of water supply, wastewater treatment design, and stormwater.
- Experience using Revit, AutoCAD and/or GIS.
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite.
- Self-starter with ability to participate collaboratively in a team environment.
- Commitment to exceed client expectations by presenting and implementing the best solutions to meet their needs.
How to apply
To apply, please visit this link: https://internal.greeley-hansen.com/Careers/Careers.aspx?adata=ENF%2bADumWpp24u3sbYQJgLTfLDjUKpqTV%2b1B%2bLTNdtrlPPsjfGzBiSXZ0%2fQm%2fEqVJfe1Pqh%2bLiZyGfveJV8mhoB2m9Gg0AG0PwuCggbH9DE5vtqXrcxQlZzGsR3WTLGoDg2Ygwy%2fIFANMPvmox9vWBSHWrMbUZZyTDZfuMFYzixZotoWH1T5FMPW0KmKfofGgw%3d%3d
Please mention that you found this position on The Global Grid Jobs.
Post your first job opportunity on The Global Grid and we'll pay for it!
A $90 value. Use promo code GIVEME90