Engineer IV - Project Manager - Municipal
Responsible for managing KLJ projects in a timely, accurate, and cost effective manner
Languages needed: English.
About the company
Since 1938, KLJ has focused on innovative solutions for local, regional and national infrastructure projects. Our expertise provides knowledgeable, experienced support for engineering, planning and surveying projects of all sizes. Our integrated practice allows us to envision, plan, engineer and build infrastructure from start to finish for clients around the country. KLJ is committed to our employees and clients. We help achieve personal and professional growth while delivering innovative and practical solutions to our communities. As a civic leader, KLJ supports the communities we serve through sponsorships, participation in charity events, corporate matching for employee charitable contributions and strong support of employee volunteerism. m. It’s peace of mind that your project is well-managed and will result in a finished project that you and your community are proud of for years to come.
The successful candidate will
- Manage projects worth a minimum of $500,000 in fees.
- Responsible for project budgets and schedules.
- Review for Quality Assurance and Quality Control and ensure compliance with KLJ quality standards.
- Provide coordination of contractors.
- Participate in and facilitate meetings.
- Effectively deal with difficult situations and confrontation both internally and externally.
- Utilize effective written and oral communication.
- Manage multiple project teams.
- Provide direction, review, and support to the group by leading projects; assuring proper practices and techniques.
- Assist with and coordinate client management activities.
- Confer with project team members and clients to lead, prepare, and participate in project proposals and interviews.
- May have supervisory responsibilities for group members and support staff including hiring, promoting, terminations, performance reviews, and training.
Required education and skills
- A four year degree in civil engineering is required.
- PE is required.
- Demonstrated capability through prior experience with Minnesota Municipal projects and MnDOT protocol.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to operate motorized vehicles.
- Project management experience is required.
- Previous experience in senior level management.
- Experience with markets, clients and projects of specific service offering.
- Knowledge of MnDOT Municipal State Aid (MSA) standards/process and Minnesota Statue 429 Assessment process.
- Knowledge of the MnDOT Highway Project Development Process (HPDP) and Cooperative Agreement process.
The physical demands described represent those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities.
The employee is regularly required to:
- Sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel, twist, crouch, and crawl.
- Use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
- Talk or hear and communicate clearly.
The employee must:
- Frequently lift and move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- All applicants must be authorized to work in the US. KLJ does not sponsor applicants for employment-based visas.
How to apply
To apply, please go to this link: http://jobopenings.acec.org/jobs/10333704/engineer-iv-project-manager-municipal.
Please mention that you found this position on The Global Grid Jobs.