Digital Sales Manager
We’re seeking a Digital Sales Manager with the ability to grow and expand the sales of our suite of digital advertising.
Starting December 12, 2017
Salary: $40,000-$50,000+ annually
Languages needed: English.
Apply by December 1, 2017
About the company
The Global Grid: Urbanist news. Local views. is a digital platform providing environmental design news from hyperlocal perspectives. For the past seven years, our team of over 150 interns has created the unique and original content available to our growing readership; over 2,500 long and short-form articles. We are the destination for environmental design professionals to learn skills in blogging, translation, editing, social media, business development, and more. After our relaunch in August 2015, we now offer a jobs board and advertising opportunities.
The successful candidate will
- Prospect and sell The Global Grid products to Advertising Agencies, Brokers, and directly to end clients.
- Generate advertising revenues in accordance with specific goals.
- Build and grow an account list of high-frequency clients (both agencies and direct customers) through email, phone, and, sometimes, face-to-face interaction.
- Develop and manage sales pipeline, prospect, assess sales, and present revenue forecasts.
- Prepare and deliver virtual sales presentations on advertising space/time to new and existing customers in order to generate leads and acquire new business.
- Develop industry expertise and provide updates on current trends, news, competitive analysis and advertising opportunities.
- Create and maintain client relationship documentation.
- Provide insights into improving our products and features.
Required education and skills
- 2-5 years of experience in a media sales role.
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment.
- Excellent leadership and communication (written and oral) skills.
- Ability to work with accounts with a high volume of sales.
- Experience in digital campaigns.
- A demonstrated ability to build and maintain effective business relationships.
- Preferred: Experience with CRM systems.
- Preferred: Experience and/or contacts in the fields of Architecture/Engineering/Construction (A/E/C industry).
- A commission-based income of up to 25% of the generated sales revenue.
- The potential for share options.
- Goal-based bonuses.
How to apply
To apply, submit the following materials to hireme [at] theglobalgrid.org with Digital Sales Manager in the subject line.
Please mention that you found this position on The Global Grid Jobs.