AEC Digital Sales Consultant
We’re looking for a Digital Sales Consultant with the ability to negotiate and sell our suite of digital advertising.
Starting right away
Salary: Commission-based, $40,000-$50,000+ annually
Languages needed: English.
Apply by August 20, 2017
About the company
The Global Grid: Urbanist news. Local views. is a digital platform providing environmental design news from hyperlocal perspectives. For the past seven years, our team of over 150 interns has created the unique and original content available to our growing readership; over 2,500 long and short-form articles. We are the destination for environmental design professionals to learn skills in blogging, translation, editing, social media, business development, and more. After our relaunch in August 2015, we now offer a jobs board and advertising opportunities.
The successful candidate will
- Generate advertising revenues in accordance with specific goals.
- Maintain and grow a high-volume account list of high-frequency clients (both agencies and direct customers) through email, phone, & face-to-face interaction.
- Develop and manage sales pipeline, prospect and assess sales, and move a large number of transactions simultaneously through the sales pipeline.
- Maintain a spreadsheet of active accounts and revenue forecasts.
- Develop industry expertise and provide sales team with updates on current trends, news, competitive analysis and advertising opportunities.
- Managing campaigns and recurring monthly operations required to keep campaigns running efficiently (IOs, billing, adjustments, etc.).
- Using an educational approach to teach clients about The Global Grid’s advertising products and how to maximize their ROI.
- Solving client problems by using excel to analyze performance data when campaigns are underperforming and create proposed solutions.
- Implement use of Zoho CRM.
- Creating and maintaining client relationship documentation in Zoho CRM.
- Being the voice of the client when working with leadership and cross-functional teams to improve our product and features.
- As needed, arrange in-person meetings with the CEO and A/E/C firms in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Required education and skills
- 2-5 years of experience in a media sales role.
- Experience and contacts in the fields of Architecture/Engineering/Construction (AEC industry).
- Demonstrated success exceeding sales quotas and goals.
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment.
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent leadership and management skills.
- Blend of transactional (high volume) and consultative (problem-solving solution selling).
- Strong prospecting, presentation, and selling skills.
- A consultative approach and the ability to comfortably liaise both internally and externally.
- A strong background in managing a large book of accounts with a high volume of sales.
- A demonstrated ability to grow transactional accounts.
- Proven ability to sell and manage digital campaigns.
- A demonstrated ability to build and maintain effective business relationships is essential.
- Experience with Zoho CRM.
- Independent contractor; 1099 contractor.
- $40,000 – $50,000+ annually in commission-based income.
- The potential for equity.
- Goal-based bonuses.
How to apply
To apply, submit the following materials to hireme [at] theglobalgrid.org with Digital Sales Consultant in the subject line.
Please mention that you found this position on The Global Grid Jobs.
Post your first job opportunity on The Global Grid and we'll pay for it!
A $90 value. Use promo code GIVEME90