Development Manager of assigned development portfolio. Manages the day-to-day aspects of all predevelopment and development functions such as budget structure, product design, schedule, entitlement, contracting, consultant management and overall project execution.
Languages needed: English.
About the company
FivePoint designs and develops mixed–use master–planned communities in coastal California. Our vibrant and sustainable communities in Orange County, Los Angeles County, and San Francisco County offer homes, commercial, retail, educational, and recreational elements as well as civic areas, parks, and open spaces.
The three communities will include approximately 40,000 residential homes and approximately 20 million square feet of commercial space, plus infrastructure. The communities are: Great Park Neighborhoods® in Irvine, Newhall Ranch® near Valencia, and The San Francisco Shipyard™.
The successful candidate will
- Manage and supervise all aspects of the vertical residential and mixed use developments for the Bay Area’s largest, most complex, strategic master plan communities.
- Assist Planning, Entitlements and Horizontal Division on forward planning issues to ensure entitlements meet the vertical program(s) requirement(s).
- Develop and manage all aspects of assigned project(s). Initiates block concept studies, develops financial proformas, and coordinates within organization to receive approvals, mange public approval process, and construction management as required.
- Establish and continually manages project and program expectations while delegating and managing deliverables.
- Monitor, track and control outcomes to resolve issues, conflicts, dependencies and critical path deliverables. Proactively analyzes results, and troubleshoots problem areas.
- Provide regular and accurate design and financial updates to the Director of Development.
- Maintain development schedule to ensure a timely process. Tracks project and program milestones and deliverables.
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations to various audiences, including project team, business partners, City agencies, community groups and key stakeholders.
- Define success criteria and disseminates to involved parties throughout project and program life cycle.
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project and program team.
- Deliver appropriate and effective executive level communication.
- Continually develop and provide project management best practices.
- Demonstrate a good understanding of infrastructure, industry trends, planning and entitlements, and marketing issues.
- Collaborate with the Commercial, Construction, Marketing, and other departments during the development process.
- Be responsible for obtaining all required permits from local jurisdictions.
- Negotiate contracts, supervise and coordinate with outside consultants (e.g. marketing, legal, architecture, civil engineering, landscape architecture, soils engineering), in preparation of required City approval and permits.
- Manage all external vendor relationships, communications and resources.
- Prepare presentations and present to external audiences as necessary.
- Coordinate DRE Processing and CC&R’s. Set up HOA’s and acts as a Liaison and Board member as required.
- Be responsible for the management of community builder partnerships as required for assigned developments.
This position outlines the basic tasks and requirements for the position noted. It is not a comprehensive listing of all job duties. Management reserves the right to change or add to the duties and responsibilities as business conditions dictate.
In addition to the above, each team member will be cross trained for position(s) within the Division organizational structure.
Required education and skills
- Bachelors Degree required in the field of Real Estate, Business, Architecture, Urban Design, Planning, or related degree. Masters Degree preferable.
- Five to Seven years development experience with demonstrated skill level progression with large high density residential or mixed use projects.
- Advanced PC skills, including use of Word, Excel, and Power Point preferred.
- Excellent analytical ability and strong communication and writing skills.
- Highly organized with a keen attention to detail.
- Self-starter personality that can work well with limited direction.
- Sound interpersonal skills.
This is primarily a sedentary office position which requires the ability to occasionally bend, stoop, reach, lift, move and carry office supplies and materials weighing 25 pounds or less. Finger dexterity is required to operate computer keyboard, calculator and telephone equipment. Ability to operate a motor vehicle.
How to apply
To apply, please send your resume to Pat.Green@fivepoint.com.
Please mention that you found this position on The Global Grid Jobs.
Post your first job opportunity on The Global Grid and we'll pay for it!
A $90 value. Use promo code GIVEME90