Under close supervision, performs basic architectural assignments receiving specific and detailed instruction as to tasks required and results expected. Responsible for working with the project team to assist overall effort of completing various project phases.
Languages needed: English.
About the company
HOK is a global design, architecture, engineering and planning firm.
We use design to enrich people’s lives and help organizations succeed. Our 1,800 people collaborate across a network of 23 offices on three continents.
HOK’s mission is to deliver exceptional design ideas and solutions for our clients through the creative blending of human need, environmental stewardship, value creation, science and art.
Our design solutions result from a collaborative process that encourages multidisciplinary professional teams to research alternatives, share knowledge and imagine new ways to solve the challenges of the built environment.
The successful candidate will
• Prepare and modify architectural documents, elevations, sections, details, etc. as directed by others utilizing Building Information Modeling (BIM).
• Develop solutions to technical and design problems following established standards.
• Incorporate Integrated Sustainable Design solutions into projects.
• With direction from the project designer or more senior design professionals, develops, modifies, and/or reviews drawings ensuring the incorporation of design intent.
• Work closely with design team and assists to complete projects on aggressive schedules.
• Assist in developing project scope, plan, and services and during the contract process. Translates planning concepts into comprehensible terms for clients, designers and project team members.
• Develop a comprehensive understanding of clients’ program requirements and standards and policies for completion.
• Prepare 2D and 3D presentation/design drawings.
• Build models for client/project team review.
• Compile data and performs elementary design computations.
• Perform product research; assists project designers and project architects with materials selection and system research.
• Assure HOK document standards are met and archives documents appropriately.
• May assist team in construction administration document management.
• May mentor and direct the work of intern staff.
• Take personal responsibility for fostering a green workplace through sustainable work practices.
• Foster a commitment to external and internal client service.
• Travel may be required.
• Some overtime may be required.
• The job duties and requirements that this document describes may be altered or supplemented any time at the sole discretion of HOK.
Required education and skills
• Minimum of one year experience in Revit and BIM.
• Basic hand and CAD drafting skills.
• Proficiency in AutoCAD/Architectural Desktop.
• Proficiency in MS Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Proficiency in 3D Modeling software such as 3D Studio Max and Viz 2006.
• Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketchup, and InDesign graphic software preferred.
• Proficiency in NewForma preferred.
• Basic knowledge of architectural building systems.
• Basic knowledge of sustainability, integrated design and LEED guidelines.
• Ability to build physical models.
• Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to work in team environment.
• Ability to effectively meet deadlines.
• Bachelor’s degree in architecture required
• 5-10 years’ experience; or equivalent in appropriate education and experience required.
• LEED credential required within 12 months of employment.
How to apply
To apply, please go to this link: https://hok-openhire.silkroad.com/epostings/index.cfm?fuseaction=app.newsubmission
Please mention that you found this position on The Global Grid Jobs.
Post your first job opportunity on The Global Grid and we'll pay for it!
A $90 value. Use promo code GIVEME90