Community Planning Research Intern
The research intern will assist with tasks in support of the Central SoMa Community Plan (available online at www.todcocentralsomacommuni...), as well as research initiatives related to neighborhood development trends in the larger Bay Area.
Work to be completed Fall-Winter 2017 with a possibility for extension. The Planning Researcher will complete tasks on a project-by-project basis, working approximately 20 hours per week onsite at the San Francisco office. A supervisor will be available to answer any questions.
Starting October 2, 2017
Languages needed: English.
About the company
The TODCO Group is a nonprofit housing and community development corporation for San Francisco’s dynamic South of Market Neighborhood (SoMa). For 40 years, TODCO has fully engaged in SoMa’s many civic, urban, social, and economic planning issues. Our mission statement is: South of Market Neighborhood Builders.
The successful candidate will
- Analyze potential “smart growth” sites for development in suburban neighborhoods to complement central urban growth.
- Conduct case studies on how cities address homelessness and alternative housing.
- Prepare research findings in packaged presentations and documents.
- Complete additional data collection and tasks as needed and as time allows.
Required education and skills
- Familiarity with data collection and mapping techniques is required.
- Comfort with Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and the Microsoft suite is desirable.
- Interest in community building, mitigating displacement, pedestrian issues, and the SoMa neighborhood a plus.
How to apply
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com. No phone calls please. Local applicants only.
Please mention that you found this position on The Global Grid Jobs.
Post your first job opportunity on The Global Grid and we'll pay for it!
A $90 value. Use promo code GIVEME90