Civil Engineering Trainee
Working for BBA means being part of a team of talented people who have the passion to succeed and the drive to excel in order to provide first-class service to clients.
Languages needed: English, French.
About the company
Recognized for its extensive field experience and cutting-edge expertise, BBA has been delivering a comprehensive range of consulting engineering services for over 35 years, from studies to commissioning and operational support. Our firm is supported by a network of offices across Canada to carry out mandates at the local, national and international levels.
BBA provides a stimulating and friendly working atmosphere. We focus on the complementary talents of our teams and provide employees with a work environment conducive to developing their skills.
BBA is a Canada’s Best Employer recipient from Aon Hewitt and is part of the prestigious Platinum Club of the Best Managed Companies, which unites companies that have held onto their title for over six consecutive years. For BBA, making the list speaks to the rigour of our practices and our unique approach to employee and client relations.
The successful candidate will
In joining our Civil Engineering team for your internship, you will work with multidisciplinary team members on several projects.
• Help engineers, designers and technicians with their technical tasks.
• Participate in preliminary studies that confirm the economic viability of projects.
• Gather and compile site data and help prepare the project model using relevant software.
• Participate in the detailed engineering of exterior works for industrial and mining sites as well as substations.
• Help design underground utilities (sewers, potable water, fire protection, electrical trenches, etc.).
• Participate in defining and optimizing layouts for roads, and access and traffic routes.
• Optimize backfill and excavation quantities.
• Draft drawings for infrastructures, drainage, underground utilities, routes and site layouts for industrial projects.
• Prepare earthworks drawings using Civil 3D software and calculate required quantities.
• Support engineers or technicians during survey visits at client sites.
• Help monitor site work, where necessary.
Required education and skills
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Team spirit
• DCS or Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering in progress, or any other relevant experience.
• Ability to read drawings.
• Knowledge of computer-assisted drafting, AutoCAD and Civil 3D.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office .
• Asset: Relevant experience.
• Asset: Bilingual, English / French.
How to apply
To apply, please go to this link: http://bba.cvmanager.com/cvm5/displaydetail.aspx?tn=jobs&mode=view&recid=3030&lang=e®ion=qc&tp1=jobdetail&sid=&utm_source=Indeed&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=Indeed
Please mention that you found this position on The Global Grid Jobs.
Post your first job opportunity on The Global Grid and we'll pay for it!
A $90 value. Use promo code GIVEME90