Civil Engineer - Transportation
CIMA+ is looking for a Civil Engineer with relevant experience in traffic, traffic lights and signage for its transportation department in Montreal.
Languages needed: English.
About the company
CIMA+ is a multidisciplinary firm that specializes in engineering, project management, urban planning, new technologies, and the environment. We provide a full range of services in the sectors of urban infrastructure, civil engineering, environment, transportation, building, industry, energy and hydroelectricity, telecommunications, geomatics, and urban planning.
At CIMA+ our goal is to assemble high-quality teams, which is why we always hire experts who share and enhance our standards of excellence. Our experts work in engineering, project management, urban planning, new technologies, and sustainable development. At CIMA+ it will be up to you to improve an ever-changing world. You will be involved in projects where creativity and innovation are a prerequisite. At CIMA+, your actions matter.
The successful candidate will
- Perform site visits and surveys;
- Participate in traffic studies and technical analysis of traffic lights and signage;
- Perform signage, traffic and traffic light analysis using specialized software;
- Participate in the preparation of drawings and specifications in the area of civil engineering, traffic lights and signage;
- Ability to produce basic geometric concepts;
- During work supervision, ensure compliance with requirements and work schedules, as defined in drawings and specifications;
- Perform any other related tasks.
Required education and skills
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering or an equivalent;
- Between 3 and 5 years of experience;
- Relevant experience in the transportation sector; Attention to details, organizational skills;
- Knowledge of AutoCAD, Microstation and Illustrator software;
- Knowledge of Synchro, Vissim and Aimson modelling software;
- Valid ASP Construction competency card (general training on health and safety for construction sites);
- Valid driver’s licence;
- Access to a vehicle for field work when required (an asset);
- Mastery of the French language, both spoken and written;
- Functional knowledge of the English language (an asset).
- Flexible schedules, paid overtime, and the possibility of banking overtime hours
- Simplified Employee Pension Plan
- Comprehensive Benefit Plan
- Sick leave and personal leave
- Possibility of investing in a company profit-sharing plan
- Adapted computer tools (remote computer access and smart phone)
- On-site vaccination campaigns
- Career path adapted to family needs
- Social and environmental initiatives (becoming a member of the sustainable practices committee)
- Orientation, mentoring, and learning in the work environment
- Continuous training program
- Career planning
(Some of the above-mentioned benefits may vary according to employment status and job description. The masculine generic refers to both the masculine and feminine genders and is used for conciseness purposes only. Only applicants under consideration will be contacted further. CIMA+ applies the Equal Access Employment Program.)
How to apply
To apply, please go to this link: https://chp.tbe.taleo.net/chp01/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=CIMA&cws=6&rid=1913&source=Indeed.
Please mention that you found this position on The Global Grid Jobs.