AutoCAD Trained Architects/ Technologists
We are seeking several CAD trained Architects / Technologists in the Architectural Discipline to work out of our Downtown Toronto office on a large US-based project.
Languages needed: English.
About the company
Adamson Associates Architects is a full-service Architectural Practice located in Toronto, Canada, with offices in New York (AAI Architects, P.C.); Los Angeles (Adamson Associates, Inc.); and London, England (Adamson Associates International Limited). Established in 1934, Adamson Associates is noted for its long tradition of design excellence and technical expertise. Our firm has developed a diverse portfolio of projects in Canada, the United States and around the world, encompassing projects in a wide range of sectors including commercial; cultural; hotel and residential; institutional; large-scale, mixed-use development sites; retail and entertainment; and airports and transportation centres. In the 1980s, we diversified to undertake work as Executive Architect on large-scale developments in the United States, the United Kingdom and Southeast Asia. Adamson has enjoyed the privilege of collaborating with some of the world’s most acclaimed Design Architects on such prestigious projects as the World Financial Center in New York and the Kuala Lumpur City Centre in Malaysia. Currently, we are working on several large-scale developments with multiple design architects such as the World Trade Center Redevelopment in New York and the Battersea Power Station development in London, Engla
Required education and skills
- 5+ years experience with large-scale retail, commercial, mixed-use and institutional buildings.
- Proficient in producing Contract Documents in current versions of AutoCAD.
- A strong knowledge of building technology and assembly, construction methodology, materials application and interpretation of manufacturers’ requirements.
- Ability to assemble a construction set of drawings with minimal supervision including site plans, floor plans, elevations, building sections, wall details, etc.
- Familiarity with Contract Administration/shop drawing review.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of American building practices and standards.
- Experience working in both imperial and metric measurements.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Team player able to work collaboratively in groups of 5-15.
- Flexible schedule and able to work overtime as needed.
How to apply
To apply, please submit your resume to: email@example.com.
Please mention that you found this position on The Global Grid Jobs.
Post your first job opportunity on The Global Grid and we'll pay for it!
A $90 value. Use promo code GIVEME90