The firm works nationally, with a focus on the Midwest. Clients include various cities, suburbs, metro planning organizations and other public bodies, not-for-profit institutions, and private developers. Key Responsibilities Associates are responsible for research, quantitative and qualitative analysis, data synthesis, presentation of findings, and preparation of deliverables (presentations, technical memoranda and reports). Associates are assigned to multiple projects at one time.
Candidates should have demonstrated ability to sift, organize, analyze and synthesize various data in a timely manner, ask thoughtful questions and draw reasonable conclusions and/or recommendations from the analysis.
Languages needed: English.
About the company
SB Friedman Development Advisors is a development consulting firm with a mission to guide and enable our clients to create high-quality places through the practice of real estate economics, development finance and urban planning. We assist in the planning and implementation of complex public-private real estate development projects. We work closely with our clients to evaluate development potential and financial and business impacts; project market and financial feasibility; identify innovative public-private development solutions; and prepare implementable development strategies.
Required education and skills
Candidates must have a graduate degree in urban planning, business or real estate and demonstrate:
- Exceptional quantitative analysis skills, particularly using Microsoft Excel
- Strong writing ability
- Strength in oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines
- Detail orientation and accuracy
In addition, successful candidates will have academic and/or professional experience in areas relevant to our practice, such as:
- Demographic and economic analysis
- Public finance and tax projections
- Real estate market analysis
- Real estate financial analysis/feasibility
The following additional skills and experience are desirable for Associate candidates:
- Experience with GIS and Esri Business Analyst
- Experience with IMPLAN and/or similar tools Other Details
- Competitive salary.
- Performance-based bonus compensation.
- Generous benefits packages, including company-paid health and dental insurance, 401k with employer match, vacation, and 10+ paid holidays.
- Paid membership to professional organization to encourage professional growth.
- Regular peer-delivered “brown bag” sessions on topics of professional interest.
- Monthly happy hours and staff get-togethers.
- Newly renovated offices overlooking the Chicago River in the Loop All applicants will be afforded equal opportunity without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, order of protection status, marital status, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, military status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, or unfavorable discharge from military service.
How to apply
To Apply, please respond by submitting the following via email: Cover letter, Resume and Written sample of your professional work.
Writing samples should be primarily authored by the applicant; if a team project is submitted, clearly indicate the responsibilities and contributions of the applicant. Incomplete submittals or submittals in other formats may not be considered or reviewed.
Submit materials to: Geoff Dickinson, AICP email@example.com
Please mention that you found this position on The Global Grid Jobs.