KFA is seeking an enthusiastic and detailed-oriented Architectural Technologist in the Architectural Discipline with a solid background in Architecture, with a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience. We require someone with strong drafting skills and graphic design knowledge to produce working drawings for residential, commercial and public project.
Salary: Annual salary $51,000.00
Languages needed: Italian.
About the company
KFA Architects and Planners Inc. is an inter-disciplinary architectural, planning and design firm located in Toronto with projects predominantly in the GTA. Our work includes complete architectural services, interior design as well as high-level planning and feasibility studies. KFA is a firm including Architects, Project Managers, Planners, Interior Designers, and Architectural Technologists.
The successful candidate will
- Work directly with architects, engineers as part of an integrated multidisciplinary project team at all stages, from concept design to completion and coordinate with sub-consultants and clients.
- Prepare construction drawings, schedules and documents for residential and commercial projects using CAD and Revit software.
- Work with Architectural sketches and mark-ups and create technical content and documents efficiently.
- Prepare Specifications and conduct product and technical research as required.
- Prepare 3D models of architectural designs.
- Prepare renderings, graphic designs, finish boards and other display materials using Abobe Suite Design.
- Analyze building codes, by¬laws, space requirements, site requirements.
- Must be able to work independently as well as within a team setting.
- Ability to work well under pressure and manage several projects.
Required education and skills
- Architect/Technologist in the Architectural Discipline and Graduate of a recognized post-secondary institution with either a degree in architectural science or a diploma in architectural technology
- Minimum 3 years of architecture experience with a portfolio focused on residential, cultural, public, landscape and educational projects.
- Advanced working knowledge and experience of AutoCAD, Revit, ArchiCAD, VectorWorks and also fluent in Maxwell and Enscape.
- Applicant must have experience in producing a complete set of residential construction drawings.
- Candidate must have a good understanding and experience with city processes i.e. zoning, documents, site planning approvals is an asset, as well as an understanding of City Guidelines, OBC, and City Bylaws.
- Experience in graphic and web design, with a solid knowledge of Adobe Suite Design (Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign, Bridge), HTLM, and CSS language would be considered an asset.
- Ability into post-production phase of technical drawings and 3d views handling Cad and Revit file with Photoshop and Illustrator would be considered an asset.
- Candidate must have solid analytic, oral, and written communication skills.
- Fluent in English
- Due to collaborations with Italian institutions and Italian firm, fluency in Italian would be considered an asset.
Benefits Offered: Ten (10) vacation days per year on an accrual basis, to be taken in accordance with Company policy. After completion of three full months of employment with the Company, you will qualify to receive all other benefits the Company may provide to its employees (health insurance which is at a 50/50 split cost).
How to apply
To apply, please submit your resume and work sample to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please mention that you found this position on The Global Grid Jobs.
Post your first job opportunity on The Global Grid and we'll pay for it!
A $90 value. Use promo code GIVEME90