Global Site Plans is offering a 6-month to 1-year internship opportunity for contributing bloggers for topics related to architecture, engineering, landscape architecture, urban planning, urban design, sustainable design, sustainability, and more. If you are a student with a passion and talent for writing about any of the aforementioned topics, then Global Site Plans wants you as a contributing blogger.
We are seeking contributing blogger interns who can make a minimum commitment of 6-months, contractually. As a contributing blogger you will be able to build your personal brand on the Internet, be looked upon as an expert in the field you cover, and be recognized widely over different mediums. Your blogs will be distributed through http://theglobalgrid.org/the-grid (The Grid is Global Site Plans’ blog), Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn. This is a great way to gain visibility as you enter the public and private workforce, or to further develop yourself professionally.
Furthermore, those contributing bloggers who show exemplary performance will be offered to join the ranks of "Featured Contributing Blogger," having their photo featured on the home page.
• 6-month or more commitment, contractually;
• 2 blogs per month, biweekly (12 blogs in total for 6-months);
• 250-350 word maximum, submitted in Word format for review and editing;
• Excellent English and writing skills;
• Passion for the topics you write about;
• Ability to work under deadlines and meet them – very important that dates set for blog submission are honored.
Global Site Plans will work with each blogger to ensure that the topics covered are those of high interest to both the writer and the reader. The audience reading these blogs will be individuals just like you and me – environmental designers, so you’ll need to be able to write for the audience to keep them engaged and commenting on your blogs. Your blogs should be informative, but also pose questions to encourage dialogue.
• Increased knowledge and exposure to blogging career opportunities;
• Ability to utilize WordPress blogging software – increased knowledge of functionality and features;
• Increased comfort writing within word count constraints;
• Obtain editorial feedback to improve your writing skills;
• Branding yourself on the Internet and creating exposure for job opportunities;
• Performance based upon word count accuracy, number of revisions required of each blog and improvements over time, meeting deadlines, and utilizing keywords, formatting, and hyperlinking according to training.
How to Apply:
1. Submit a Resume and Cover Letter;
2. Submit a writing sample regarding an environmental design topic;
3. Submit 12 topics that you are interested in blogging about (Global Site Plans prefers local topics to your geography);
4. In the subject line of your email, put BLOGGING INTERNSHIP.
If you are interested, please contact Global Site Plans at email@example.com.
This is an unpaid and a virtual internship which can be completed from home.